Thursday, January 5, 2012

Success in LA

Monday, December 19, 2011 was the start to a whirl wind week of travel and meetings and exciting news! I left Denver on Monday night around 6:30 and flew to LA to meet my IP's and see my friend Karen! After arriving in LA about 1/2 an hour late we jumped in the car to get to the hotel where my IP's were waiting for us.  We arrived at the valet and still needed a little primping...changing shoes, earrings, scarves, and coats!  I am not a fashionta and needed friends to help make the perfect outfit for our first meeting..the shoes were too small and I don't wear hoop earrings (Carrie said I had to wear them).
I was so nervous I thought I was going to pass out!  The guys were waiting for us in the bar and I saw them right away.  Lots of hugs and introductions!  After a drink and dinner it was time to get a little sleep!  We checked into our hotel and didn't get much sleep but were ready to go, on time, (which is hard for Karen) by 8:00 the next morning!  After waiting for quite a while at the clinic we finally got in to see the Dr. and let me tell you he was worth the wait.  He is hilarious...there was a lot of sarcasm and a lot of good news!  He only does day 5 transfers, which means 2 less days of travel for Tucker and I!  He also worked around my schedule for an end of March transfer and uses a lot less medication than I was anticipating!  
After I passed the exam Karen and I were good to go exploring while the guys were at their appointment. 
We met for lunch and talked and talked and talked, about how to leave a tip and how to get to  Rodeo Drive and the Hollywood sign.  I had such a great time getting to know my IP's and am so excited to get this process started.   It struck me at the appointment how vulnerable the guys must feel.  They have no idea who I really am as a person and have to trust that I will do everything I am told.  It takes special people to have that much faith in another person!  I will do everything I am told, when I am told to do it!  It was such a great day and I can't wait to see them again!  It's hard to believe that the next time I see them will be at an ultrasound!  
Now we wait until the transfer...

No comments:

Post a Comment